CROCKPOT BALSAMIC PORK ROAST
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
sea salt, pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon honey
- season pork with salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes and place into the slow cooker.
- Push garlic cloves into the meat.
- Mix together the broth, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pour over the pork.
- Drizzle honey over the top of the pork.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
Once the pork is cooked and tender, remove from the slow cooker with tongs and into a serving dish. It should shred easily. Pour juice over top for delicious flavor.
SLOW COOKER CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Yield: 10 servings, about 1 cup each
Container Equivalents: 1 Green, 1/2 Red, 2 Yellows, 1/2 Blue
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium jalapenos, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
1½ cups dry farro, rinsed
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes), no salt added
1 cup water
1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 cup shredded jack (or cheddar or Mexican blend) cheese
3 medium green onions, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
- Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.
CREAMY ITALIAN CHICKEN
1-2 lb. of chicken breast cut into 1 inch size cubes (I made 2 lbs. when I made this)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder,
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil.
1/4 cup sliced onion
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup asparagus
½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Spray Crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle seasonings over top of chicken tenderloins.
- Add onions and garlic. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water, then add almond milk and chicken broth.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours, (or until chicken is cooked through, and sauce begins to thicken slightly).
- Add 1 cup chopped asparagus and ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes and cover, cooking another 30 minutes on high.
- Turn off heat and stir in ¼ c. Greek yogurt just before serving.
Note: During this time, you can prepare your pasta, spaghetti squash noodles, quinoa, or whole grain rice to serve with chicken, if desired
Chicken is 1 Red
If you use pasta, rice or quinoa it is 1 yellow
If you use spaghetti squash or zoodles it is 1 green container
GREEK CHICKEN WITH QUINOA
1-2 lb. chicken cut into cubes or strips
½ cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
½ tsp onion powder
½ sliced red onion
- In slow-cooker, combine cup chicken broth, lemon juice, and honey. Combine dried oregano, minced garlic and onion powder in a bowl and mix to coat chicken
- with seasoning. Add onion and chicken to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on High for 2-4 hours or on Low for 4–6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. Spoon ¼ cup Greek yogurt or hummus over cooked quinoa. Place1 red container of the chicken and onions onto quinoa. Top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips, if desired.
1 Green (for tomato, cucumber and red pepper strips)
1 Yellow(If you use hummus on top of quinoa, measure in blue container)
(If you use greek yogurt on top of quinoa, add ¼ red container)
3 lbs of Pork Loin
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cup of water
To make the rub combine:
2 Tbsp of chili powder
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of ground coriander
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp oregano
- Mix all spices together except the bay leaf in a bowl.
- Rub down the entire pork loin with the spices and place in your slow cooker.
- Add the bay leaf and water and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Keep an eye on the pork just to make sure the water doesn't absorb and it dries out. If you have to add more liquid please do. Your pork should pull apart easily so you can shred it.
- Once it is able to be shredded take it from the crock pot, shred and then place back into the crock pot. Stir the meat to coat with the juices.
You can fill a red container with this for the 21 day fix!
For the Carnitas you will need:
Black or Pinto Beans in a can
Shredded cheddar cheese
Cilantro Lime Topping (Do not omit this, it is what makes the whole thing just amazing)
1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
1 lime cut into wedges for garnish
Combine these ingredients in a bowl for the dressing and set aside.
- Add the drained beans with 1/2 of a cup of water to a pot on the stove over medium heat. Cook until heated through. Gently mash with a fork until they reach your desired consistency.
- Lightly spray your corn tortillas with cooking spray and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Crisp in the oven on 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Next step is to assemble the goods!
- So take your corn tortilla and add your fixings to make yourself a pretty sweet Carnita.
- Add a dollup of the dressing on top and enjoy!
Measure out a red, a yellow, a green and a blue for this recipe!
Your beans and tortilla are your yellow.
Your cheese is your blue
Tomatoes and lettuce are your green
Pork is your red.
TURKEY BOLOGNESE SAUCE
1-2 lb. lean ground turkey or lean grass fed beef
½ cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup chopped carrots or bell pepper
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey or beef with onions in skillet over medium heat, breaking up the meat with a spatula as it cooks. Cook until meat is just browned (it doesn’t have to be cooked through,
- because it will finish cooking in the crockpot). Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients, do not drain tomatoes, and mix well. Cover and cook on high
- for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. Serve with your favorite whole grain pasta, spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini noodles. Serve with small toss salad.
*Using spaghetti squash instead of pasta in this dish saves about 250 calories per serving.
1 Yellow (if using pasta)
1 Green (small salad)
If you use salad dressing it will be 1 Orange
CHICKEN BURRITO BOWL
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
3 teaspoons of chili powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder,
garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Cook on low for about 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
5. Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans.
6. Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
7. Add chicken back in, cook for 20 minutes on high, or until chicken is warm.
8. Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, plain greek yogurt, green onions, avocados or top with
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Container Equivalents: 1 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green
(If you add avocado or cheese count as 1 blue container)