Reflections on 2017
- 1 New Website Launched
- 105 New Customers
- Lots of weight lost by my clients
- 1 New Free Facebook Community for Women
- 1 New VIP Community for clients
- 7 New Programs Released
- 5 New Free PDF's created
- 8 Free Challenges held
- 11 Challenges for VIP Members held
- 543 Instagram Posts
- Both Instagram & Pinterest Accounts moved to business accounts
- 1 Trip to Punta Cana with My Team
- 1 Trip to New Orleans with My Team
- And, LOTS of things learned in my business
Needless to say, 2017 was a full and busy year for me. Because of that, it felt like the year flew by. Literally. Before we do a cheer to a new year, I encourage you to pour a drink and recap the highlights from your year! The things listed above are just the things in my business. There are many other things that took place in my personal and family life.
Previously I would use this time of year to make New Year's resolutions but I find that I only stick to one or two of them so this year I'm starting something new. I am picking one word as my Focus Word for the year. I have been giving this a lot of thought over the last few weeks and the Focus Word I have chosen for 2018 is "Simplify."
"Simplify" applies to all areas of my life. I plan to focus on only the things I really want to do, rather than doing things because I feel like I "have" to. (Do you ever do things because you feel like you have to rather than because you want to?) I want to simplify in order to focus more on what is truly important to me.
Here are some things I plan to decrease in order to simplify:
- Time on Social Media
- The Number of Challenges I Run
- Getting distracted by all the "noise" about other ways of eating (since I have already found what works for me)
- The number of emails I receive (I'm going to unsubscribe or put them in the Unroll.Me app)
- The amount of "things" I own
And here are some things I plan to increase in order to simplify:
- Scrapbooking (and finishing my Europe album from 2015!)
- More Bible Reading
- More date nights
- Time with friends and family
- Reading for pleasure
- Giving things away
- Using my SWHW business tracker and Orange Circle Studio Planner consistently (I found the planner at TJ Maxx!)
- Implementing The Miracle Morning again
If you haven't read the Miracle Morning book, you can find it on Amazon. When I was doing it consistently, it changed my entire day!
The book explains a morning routine referred to as SAVERS which stands for:
I admit that the visualization is something I struggled with but I did enjoy the Silence, Affirmations, Reading and Scribing. (I do my exercise when I'm finished) I use the reading and scribing for my Bible Reading and Personal Development Reading and my journaling.
Things I'm Still Thinking Through for 2018
Some of you know that I have thought a LOT about going back to school to become a certified health coach but right now I am looking into becoming a certified meal prep coach instead. Once certified I would hold monthly meal prep classes at my house for those who are interested. I'd love to know if that's something you'd be interested in. I am finding that the meal prep is where most women struggle and this effects their health & wellness goals. My personal goal has always been to empower women to find freedom in their struggle with weight. If I can find a way to make things easier for those I work with, I'm interested!!
I'd love to know what things you have planned for 2018. Whether it's New Year's Resolutions, a Focus Word for the year or something else. Just leave a comment below and share your plans.
Thank you to each person who has come into my life this year. I feel privileged to work with each one of you and I love watching you reach your goals and change your health for the better. If you need help getting started on your goals this year or get re-started, send me an email at email@example.com
Here's to a great year!